It’s wonderful that we can connect through a variety of brilliant, intuitive and affordable online meeting tools, especially during times such as these. These tools, such as Zoom, Teams and others, make it so easy that I’ve witnessed a lack in creativity and engagement in some online sessions I’ve attended as a delegate.
To get the best results and deliver a great experience for our delegates, as facilitators we need to innovate how we design and manage our online workshops. That means all the way through, not just going for a quirky icebreaker before settling back into the ordinariness of a boring and uninspiring core.
You'll especially enjoy this solo episode if:
• You already facilitate online meetings, manage a remote or socially distanced team, and want your online work to be more creative, collaborative and effective
• You want to make your online training and development sessions more engaging and inclusive
• You want to lead online meetings that are just as, if not even more engaging and effective than in-person sessions
I’ve written this blog with the aim of helping you, as a virtual facilitator, to:
- Overcome any perceived challenges of virtual facilitation; and
- Suggest some ways in which you can be more creative and add more value in your sessions.
I’d also love to hear from you on any other challenges or tips that you have, so please do leave me some comments below.
Listen in to hear the top 10 challenges of virtual facilitation and practical things you can do to easily overcome them.
If you'd like to read more about this, check out my blog on the topic here: https://bigbangpartnership.co.uk/virtual-facilitation-10-top-challenges-what-to-do-about-them/
If you’re interested in facilitation and developing your professional practice as a facilitator, I’d love you to come and join me in my free, private Facebook Group, Idea Time for Workshop Facilitators.
As well as a fantastic community of likeminded people, you will get access to free facilitation trainings, tools, techniques and time savers.
If you’d like to book us to deliver some professional virtual facilitation for you and your team, or would like a one-to-one virtual facilitation training and coaching session, you can find out more about what we do here, or contact me direct and I’ll get straight back to you.
Hope to hear from you in so that we can chat about all things virtual facilitation! x